Friday, December 28, 2018

THE GROUND RULES

Okay, so, I have a bit of a hobby for just creating stories for images.  Sometimes they're nice.  Sometimes they're very much NOT nice.  But, it's a story to get someone inspired.

One thing I make sure to do whenever I write out a lore is that I try to never apply stats to the thing getting lore.  Numbers are simply that, and if you get too hung up on them, then you are not really getting the point.  Plus, if something has good enough lore, it can be applied to MANY different settings, that you may or may not have come up with yourself.

Now, I primarily will have the lore applied to these images be in fictional medieval time periods, usually for a D&D, or other tabletop, style of game.  Now, you can take this and run.  Or take half of it and fill the rest in with your own sweet batch of creativity.  It doesn't really bother me either way.

Finally, I try not to be encyclopedic when I write lore for images.  I write them as though they are being told to you by someone else.  Maybe I'll write lore for the guy who is telling you guys lore.  I dunno.  But it doesn't matter.  I just want to give you guys some context, and also let y'all know that, just because it is said, doesn't mean it is true.  It might be completely true.  It might be half true.  there might only be about 3 grains of truth on an entire 72 oz steak of false.  Who knows.  Hurray for unreliable Narrators.

Anyways.  Yeah, these are the general rules that I go with when I make lore.

It's whatever comes up in my head at the time.  It's usually done from the perspective of someone telling the reader what they know.  And it's typically medieval fantasy in nature.

Good?  Good.  Okay.  Lets see how this goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment